Wrap yourself in a cloud of softness during those cold fall evenings with this luxurious lapghan.
Knitting loom: Zippy Master Set (used 4 sides, and 4 corners with pegs)
Yarn: 605 yds of Super Bulky (#7) yarn. Lion Brand Color Clouds – Alchemists Aqua was used in sample (11 skeins).
Notions: Knitting tool, tapestry needle, scissors, size Q crochet hook.
Gauge: 5 stitches x 8 rows=4 inches in stockinette
Size: 48″ L (not counting the fringe) x 36″ W
Approx time to knit and assembly: 15 hrs
Assemble Zippy Master into a 20-peg configuration (4 sides, and 4 corners with pegs, as shown below).
Make 3 panels as follows:
Cast on 20 stitches, prepare to work a flat panel.
Row 1-93: knit to the end of row.
Bind off with basic bind off method.
Each panel requires approximately 3 skeins.
Using the mattress stitch, invisibly seam all three panels together.
Using crochet hook, crochet a single crochet border all around the blanket.
Cut approximately 120 pieces of yarn that are 10” in length to create the tassels.
Add fringe to the cast on edge and the bind off edge of the blanket.
- Fold the strand of yarn for one fringe in half, forming a small loop at one edge (make sure the ends on the other end of the strand match in length).
- Use crochet hook and draw the loop through the single crochet stitch where you are attaching the fringe to.
- Now catch the loose ends of the yarn strand through the loop (thus creating the loop)
- Tighten the knot by pulling gently on the fringe ends with your hand and holding the knot with the other hand.
- Trim the ends if necessary to make all the tassels/fringes the same length.